To help you get the most out of your mac!
Bloomberg reports that Amazon is currently working with Foxconn on a new smartphone product, one that would compete head-to-head with the iPhone and Android devices.
A smartphone would give Amazon a wider range of low-priced hardware devices that bolster its strategy of making money from digital books, songs and movies. It would help Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos — who made a foray into tablets with the Kindle Fire — carve out a slice of the market for advanced wireless handsets.
Amazon is also said to be looking to acquire a portfolio of wireless technology patents that would help it stand up to competitors in the market.
Amazon has already generated a considerable amount of interest with its Kindle Fire tablet, a heavily-customized Android device launched late last year. By adding a smartphone to the mix, Amazon would have mobile devices in several different form factors to help spur consumption of the company’s extensive library of digital content.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Obtains Rights to iPad3.com Domain
• 'Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview' Available to Rent in U.S. iTunes Store
• Developer Evangelist Michael Jurewitz Leaving Apple for Black Pixel
• Apple Campus 2 Qualifies for Expedited Environmental Review
• Longtime OS X Chief Bertrand Serlet Working on New Cloud Startup
The outside of the box said "Windows base machine or better", so I bought a Mac.