To help you get the most out of your mac!
Reuters reports that retail giant Walmart is currently testing a new “Scan & Go” service at one Arkansas store that allows iPhone users to scan items with their device as they shop and then proceed to a self-checkout station on their way out of the store to complete their purchase. The report points to a survey Walmart is using to gather feedback on the initiative.
We are conducting a study to assess the usability of the Walmart iPhone app’s new Scan & Go feature. Scan & Go enables you to scan products with your phone and bag them while shopping in a Walmart retail store, and then use the Self-Checkout at the front of the store. This survey includes questions to help us determine if you qualify for an interview session. We are simply trying to get feedback from real people on whether this new system is user-friendly, and we think you will find participating in this study fun!
Walmart’s test sessions were held earlier this week, with participants being compensated with a $100 payment and a $25 Walmart gift card for the one-hour sessions.
Details on how exactly the purchasing process works remain scant, but allowing users to scan their entire orders before approaching the checkout stand could in many cases result in significant time savings during busy shopping periods.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• LG and AU Optronics Once Again Named as Display Suppliers for 'iPad Mini' Coming in October
• Sharp's Production of New iPhone Displays Reportedly Behind Schedule
• Open Source Image Editor GIMP Now Available as a Native OS X App
• Apogee Preparing to Launch 'Quartet' Portable Audio Interface for Mac Music Professionals
• Chinese Firm Makes Knockoff 'iPhone 5' From Mockups
The outside of the box said "Windows base machine or better", so I bought a Mac.